Doctoral Support Center
We provide EdD and PhD students in the Rossier School of Education with support on the writing of their dissertations, proposals, and course papers.
Areas addressed include:
- improvement of academic writing skills
- conceptualization, development, and editing of the dissertation
- non-cognitive challenges, such as time management, that doctoral students face throughout the degree, and especially, the dissertation, process.
The programs take the form of lectures, workshops, or social events. Doctoral students are welcome to make an appointment to receive individual help with their papers or dissertations. more about our services…
Archived Doctoral Support Center (DSC) Recordings
- APA Style Academic Writing:
Why do we write in APA Style? Learn about this type of scientific academic writing.
- Critical Reading and Literature Review Presentation:
Learn what we mean when we say “synthesize the literature on your course paper topic or research focus” as part of your literature review.
- Doctoral Support Center Dissertation Conference Information Session for the Cohort of 2013 (April 21, 2014):
Information Session that informs you the services and resources that the Doctoral Support Center can provide you as you prepare for the Thematic Dissertation Conference.
Click Here to learn more about:
- Graduate School Web Site
- The American Psychological Association’s Website
- USC Libraries Website
- Google Scholar
- Academic Writing: Using APA Style
- Accessing Current USC Dissertations
- Format and Presentation of Theses and Dissertations
- Submission Process